Sunday, May 25, 2008

From childhood dream to an adulthood reality

Reporter…this simple word was the fantasy of my childish dream. Popularity was the goal of my future plans. Being a famous journalist was my lovable character while playing during my childhood path. “I want to be on TV shows!!” This babyish statement became the purpose and demand of my life, actually my world. I grew up insisting that what I called a dream would never ever remain undeveloped and just to enjoy during my nap. That’s why I chose this career, domain, in order to fulfill my hopes and reach satisfaction. The first step towards my goal was entering the Lebanese university, Faculty of Media and Documentation. I thought that this university would develop my abilities, encourage my passion, and equip me to be a skillful journalist. But, I was disappointed. I preferred to go back to fantasy rather than living this reality. My university demotivated me. All their concern was to make their students stick to memorize books and theories and that’s what I’ve done through three years without really training us to be the fourth authority. I’m on my way to graduation; graduating without a certificate. The only thing I learned during these three years was to depend on my self-knowledge and my abilities and not of what I’ve been taught. I’m sure that if I would be a famous journalist and a reporter is because of my dream and my inside ability. Journalism is not what you learn but it is what you experience.

3 comments:

Dayana said...

Nice One! I agree with you.I hope you fulfill your dreams and I'm sure that you can make it without any help!

Fouad Khreiss said...

قال احد الحكماء
لا تصدق ما تسمعه اذنك
بل صدّق نصف ما تراه عينيك

و اترك النصف الآخر للعقل

عنوان جذاب و مجهود مميز

وع تحياتي و اصدق تمنياتي بالتوفيق

Professor in Mass of Communication said...

Dear Rana,
"There is no sudden leap into the stratosphere... There is only advancing step by step, slowly and tortuously, up the pyramid towards your goals...."
that's what you did in your blog.I'm sure you will be a great Spokeswoman with you charmy smile ..
you forget to add a list of blogs include ours ...:)

Yours Dr. Hammoud